Overview

A technological breakthrough, Energy Film and Glare Control are the only spectrally selective self-adhering window films available. Both films use nanoparticle technology to allow visible light wavelengths to pass through while “selecting” harmful ultraviolet and heat producing infrared wavelengths to absorb and block at the window. It applies without adhesives, and once installed it will remain in place until removed.

Energy Film

Energy Film is a transparent window film that reduces solar heat gain in summer and heat loss in winter while allowing maximum visible light into the room.


Read More»

Energy Film allows 77% of visible light to pass through into the room, while blocking 98% (Most of UVA and virtually all of UVB and UVC) of harmful ultraviolet radiation and blocking 70% of near infrared heat producing wavelengths. The film has good visual clarity with only slight tinting.
Powered by Hackadelic Sliding Notes 1.6.5

Glare Control

Glare Control uses the same patented nanoparticle technology as Energy Film and is also tinted for maximum solar heat gain reduction. It is ideal where a little less visible light is required.

Read More»


Glare Control is non- mirrored and allows 38% of visible light to pass into the room. It  blocks 98% of harmful ultraviolet radiation (Most of UVA and virtually all of UVB and UVC) and 81% of near infrared heat producing wavelengths. Glare Control is moderately tinted and reduces solar heat gain more than Energy Film. Glare Control ‘softens’ visible light for a more pleasant atmosphere.
Powered by Hackadelic Sliding Notes 1.6.5

The Cost Effective Alternative

Energy Film and Glare Control are less expensive than most other window films and are far less expensive than window replacement.


Read More»


Energy Film is moderately priced and easy to install. While no window film can replicate the energy savings that can be achieved by window replacement, Energy Film does significantly improve a window’s performance and is far less expensive than replacement.
Powered by Hackadelic Sliding Notes 1.6.5

Applies Without Adhesives

Energy Film and Glare Control adhere to any smooth surface, including glass, Plexiglas and Lexan. It is excellent for commercial buildings, homes, RV’s and boats.



Read More»

There are no adhesives so installation and clean up are easy. Energy Film is perfect for Plexiglas and Lexan where removal of adhesives would ruin the surface. Energy Film reduces condensation on the window surface.

Powered by Hackadelic Sliding Notes 1.6.5

Energy Film Reduces Fading

No window film can eliminate all fading, but Energy Film significantly reduces  harmful effects from the sun’s radiation.




Read More»

CausesofFading

What Causes Fading and How to Reduce It

Fading is caused by a variety of factors. The sun’s radiation is the major cause of fading. Most sources agree 40% of fading comes from UV (ultraviolet) rays, 25% comes from visible light rays, and 25% comes from infrared solar heat. This means the sun causes 90% of the effects of fading. The remaining 10% is caused by a number of things including indoor lighting, humidity and poor dye anchorage. There are no windows or window films that eliminate fading. As a general rule, window films reduce fading more than low-e windows because window films block more of the sun’s UV rays.

Energy Film blocks 98% of UV rays, 23% of visible light rays and 70% of infrared solar heat rays.

Glare Control blocks 98% of UV rays, 62% of visible light rays and 81% of infrared solar heat rays.

Both films reduce fading significantly but cannot eliminate fading entirely. To eliminate fading completely, an object must be placed in a dark, cold, airless room.

UV Radiation in Cloudy Climates and Winter

Clouds tend to block more visible rays and near-infrared rays than UV rays.  Therefore, even in cloudy climates and during the winter, UV radiation causes fading damage. So, as long as it is light outside, UV radiation is still causing fading.

Powered by Hackadelic Sliding Notes 1.6.5

Summer and Winter Energy Savings

Energy Film and Glare Control are excellent at reducing summer solar heat gain.  They also have heat retaining abilities in winter. Reducing summer heat gain and retaining winter heat loss lessens strain on heating and cooling systems, resulting in energy savings.

Read More»


Spectrophotometer tests prove in summer both films block near infrared solar heat wavelengths at the window.  This means solar heat rays that normally enter the room and heat its contents are stopped at the window and radiated back outside, reducing air conditioning costs.  Laboratory chamber testing indicates in winter, both films allow the room to heat up faster and stay warm longer, reducing winter heating costs.
Powered by Hackadelic Sliding Notes 1.6.5